Saké Comments - Short thoughts on DOTM - SPOILER ALERT!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Short thoughts on DOTM - SPOILER ALERT!
06-30-2011, 10:31 PM
Re: Short thoughts on DOTM - SPOILER ALERT!
Just got back from seeing it at the Glasgow Imax. Loved every moment.
SPOILERS:
So basicly the cybertronian worm is the kraken and Shockwave is Davy Jones? Thought this was a great way to make Shockwave feel like a proper threat, but to me he seemed to be a bit of a loose end most of the time. Was there any indication at all that he actually communicated with any of the other decepticons?
Sentinel; I did not see that coming, but thought it was done really well. Ironhide's death was the first time I've been properly sad about an autobot dying in the movies.
Didn't like blue scientist autobot guy much, feel like Optimus could have given them the gubbins from his trailer or something. But I was kind of glad they had an unlikeable character to get killed off in the execution scene.
Wreckers; was dissapointed not to see their standard vehicle modes, and I thought their accents were out of place.
Was dissapointed that Starscream was relegated to token 'killed by humans' character, and he didn't seem to do a lot in this film compared to ROTF.
OPTIMUS HAS HIS AXE!!! Was so excited to see this, and to see it work.
Barricade got a raw deal, wasn't quite blink and you'll miss it but it wasn't what you'd call a starring role. A shot of him in vehicle mode would have been nice.
A LOT of awesome generic decepticon designs, would love to see a toy of the garbage truck bot. Also want to see deluxe versions of the other two dreads.
Humans working with decepticons was a pleasant surprise, and made sense in the context of the numerous conspiracies.
Was glad to see less of the stupid humour, but what was there was still to much.
I kind of want the story to end here. Too many major characters are gone for me to feel that another installment is necessary. There are only so many excuses to bring Megatron back to life.

If I've sounded critical then that's because it was never going to be perfect, that said it is definitely my favorite of the series and is recommended to any fan.

[Image: tlasignature.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Re: Short thoughts on DOTM - SPOILER ALERT! - thelastallosaur - 06-30-2011 10:31 PM