Saké Comments - Short thoughts on DOTM - SPOILER ALERT!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Short thoughts on DOTM - SPOILER ALERT!
06-29-2011, 01:08 AM
Re: Short thoughts on DOTM - SPOILER ALERT!
I thought it was bloody awesome! It certainly is the best of the 3, and more then makes up for any bad tastes left over from ROTF, and does everything the first film did right and adds to it.
More robots and better characterization, Optimus Prime was amazing and all the other autobots were great. The wreckers were especially fun to watch, and the two comic releif autobots that replaced Skids and Mudflap were no where near as annoying and were actually quite cute and funny, i liked them alot.
The whole story is just so much stronger and more interesting this time round, mainly thanks to the fact that its based off of two G1 episodes.
If you havent been reading spoilers and are going into it not knowing anything then theres a couple of big twists in there thats for sure. I was surprised.
Lots of death and destruction here too, you actually see humans getting vaporized and slaughtered by Decepticons which was something you never saw in the last two movies and because of it you get a bigger sense of consequence to whats happening. Things get really REALLY bad for the humans and autobots alike, its very dark and because of that the story just keeps you hooked all the way through which is saying somethign considering the films' epic length.
The action was mind blowing, best of the series and everything was choreographed and shot beautifully and the 3-D was amazing. Sound was great as well, this is some of the best sound work ive heard in a movie for a long time. The CGI has to win an oscar this time around too, its just amazing.
Sams new love interest was much better than his old one, good riddance to her because this new girl is great i think. Shes a damn sight much better looking and can act better too which, considering this is the actresses first job at acting is saying something.
Its funny because they seem to have the formula down perfectly now, all the chemistry between the characters is in the right place but its the final movie so its a shame theres not more on the horizon. You never know though, if this earns billions at the box office maybe they will be tempted to make another. Despite how many characters died in this one theres still tons of characters to bring in from seasons 3 and 4 of g1. Id like a movie based around Unicron in some form or another.
Anyway, i cant praise the team enough for this spectacular movie, cant wait to see it again!
If youve ever had even a fleeting interest in the movie-verse Transformers at some point or another you owe it to yourself to see this. Its not only a great Transformers movie, but its a great movie period.

My customs gallery: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sonray_customs/sets/
My Ebay Auctions: http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/dubkustomz
Join me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/Dubcustomz
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Re: Short thoughts on DOTM - SPOILER ALERT! - Dubcustomz - 06-29-2011 01:08 AM